Tabs

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

happy times...

i received a parcel in the mail today... best present i self gifted EVER.
i have two hands free again for the first time in 2 months!
anyone who has read my previous blog posts about hugo knows that my little monkey loves being held pretty much ALL the time.
this has made it pretty tricky to get much done around the house.
even eating has been difficult when he won't let me put him down without screaming.
i have resorted to eating some pretty strange things just because i could prepare and eat them with one hand. ok... prepare would be stretching it a bit... i'm talking about things like eating a whole cucumber and just biting at it like a rabbit and then a chicken breast that had been intended to be warmed up and put on a salad but instead ended up being eaten out of  a ziploc bag cold.
this was not an everyday thing, but for the most part i would get hugo to go down, then make a mad dash to the kitchen to wash his bottles and throw something together for myself to eat. fingers crossed that i'd actually have time to eat it before he woke up.
usually i just ended up eating luke warm or cold food.

now i have my Mei Tai wrap... best invention ever.
to whoever created this contraption... I LOVE YOU!!! a LOT!
i love holding hugo but it can be really hard and super frustrating knowing that you can't even put him down for 5 minutes without screaming.
i know he will still cry and i will not be able to wear him 24-7 but its a pretty awesome solution since i was holding him anyways.... now i can hold him and be productive at the same time.

4 comments:

Nikki Blatz said...

Welcome to baby wearing! You will appreciate it even more when you have 2!

The Tompkins Family said...

I adore that picture! Babywearing is so awesome. It's how I've survived!

BarefootTams said...

Totally agree! I don't know if I could have survived early motherhood without babywearing. Life saver! Get your snuggles, but still have to hands to cut veggies :P I wore both my girls, and I don't think I would have made it through without! :)

Hilda said...

slings and wraps were my life saver too! And the screaming... it will end, eventually. Both my boys cried almost non stop the first 3-4 months of their lives and then one day, it just stopped!