Tabs

Monday, June 11, 2012

some people are just assholes.

i generally am all all unicorns and rainbows but some days one too many lame things happen and since hugo doesnt really care about my day... well you are the lucky recipients of this little rant.

my first complaint of the day is that it i have the worst luck with doctors. over the years i have had a terrible time with appointments. getting an appointment, getting to the appointment to be told that the doctor isn't there, my doctor leaving for months at a time, being told that i could not make an appointment unless it was approved by the doctor because i did not come in often enough to keep my status as a regular patient... the list goes on. finally i found a doctor who i could make appointments with and she was really nice. then she moved to calgary. when it was just me i was looking after i would have probably just driven to calgary and kept going to the same doctor. now with hugo needing regular checkups i need a doctor that i can rely on and not have to sit in a waiting room for half a day to see the doctor for 5 minutes. i had one of these terrible doctor office experiences today and it was a terrible way to start the week. note to doctor's office reception staff... if you book someone an appointment after they explain to you that their doctor moved away and now you don't have a doctor, please don't tell them when they are there for the previously booked appointment that they cannot make appointments because they don't have a doctor. waiting for an hour and a half with a nearly 8 month old is not the easiest. especially after being told that the wait would be no more than half an hour and when asked at the one and a half hour mark that there is only one less person ahead of me... i find it highly unlikely that in an hour and a half there was only one patient seen. i could go on for hours about this so i will stop.

second complaint. feel free to laugh at this one. my nails. bad gel... general mess. i don't do much for "me" but my nails are my one luxury. it really bothers me when they look less than great. so when on top of the morning's doctor debacle, the nails really bothered me.

the third strike... after calling my nail guy and him sensing my impending breakdown he told me to come in and get them fixed almost immediately. i've been going to him for years and years and he knows me pretty well and i almost never have any problems with my nails so he wants me happy. back to my complaint though... on my way to my nail appointment i slowed down to let someone into my lane. thought that maybe i'd get a thank you wave or at least some sort of sign of appreciation. nope. well some people don't say thank you. i didn't really dwell on it. on my way home i let someone else go in front of me to avoid being stopped behind an out of commission bus... do they wave or acknowledge it at all? NOPE. my nails were fixed so i just said meh. third strike was the car that tried to race in the lane that was ending and cut off the cars who had waited their turn. now i see this car regularly on the road and i know that they know the lane ends. today their plan backfired and nobody was letting them in. i though well i could let them in and maybe they will wave. NOPE. all they did was tailgate the car in front of them.  WTF happened to the courtesy wave? do people have no courtesy any more? am i old? i don't get it. if someone slows down to let me in i always wave to say thank you. sometimes if i'm not sure if they let me in or there was just enough space to change lanes i still wave... just incase they let me in!

ok. rant over.
the day is almost over....
back to unicorns, sunshine and rainbows tomorrow.

No comments: