Tabs

Monday, January 28, 2013

Memory Monday - grandma got me.

Well it was a rather uneventful day Saturday. Nothing much going on in my world. I made an angelfood cake. Not on my list of most favorites, but Fernando loves it so I figured why not.
I decided that since I don't love it... Get something to put on it.
Was going to buy whipping cream to whip up at home. Then in my head I'm thinking... What about cool whip? I know it's made out of oil but i haven't had it in years and I remember it being tasty.
I wasn't sure I would still think so but I had to try.
I got it home, got a spoon and opened up. All I could think was Grandma!
My grandma always had a tub of cool whip in the freezer.
Always.
Whether it was put on top of pudding, a piece of cake, or in a little fruit nappy all on its own it was a treat we only got at grandmas.
Now I have a tub of it in my fridge and I will have a happy grandma memory every time I see it or sneak into it with a spoon.

Funny how the strangest things bring back memories.


1 comment:

Rozzie said...

aww that is cute :) great memory thanks for sharing.